Scotsman.com celebrates 'Homecoming'
LONDON - Scotsman.com is joining in this year's "Homecoming" celebrations with a website dedicated to Scottish government's campaign encouraging those with Scot ancestry to trace their roots.
Visitors to scotsman.com/homecoming can share their Homecoming stories, watch the latest related videos and use an interactive map to plot their own Homecoming journey.
The project is looking to exploit all things connected to Scottish heritage and in particular to pull in Americans interested in tracing their Scottish roots.
The campaign has featured a 60 second television ad with assorted celebrities, including ex-pats Sean Connery and Lulu, singing lines of Dougie MacLean's classic song 'Caledonia' against a Scottish background
The site also features an interactive calendar, which breaks down events by date or subject.
Homecoming 2009 has been launched to coincide with the 250th anniversary of the birth of Robert Burns, and is a year-long festival of events to mark Scotland's contribution to the world and encourage Scots across the world to return home for the celebrations.
Alan Greenwood, Scotsman.com editor, said:"Homecoming is a great opportunity to showcase what's great about Scotland. We're excited about playing a part in the event and we're sure our audience will share that excitement.
"As Scotland's leading website, we want our Homecoming coverage to give visitors a chance to follow events as they happen and bring together Scots from across the world."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Account Manager/ Comms Planner Dot-Gap £35k, Central London
- PPC Executive - Leading Digital Marketing Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London