Scotsman.com celebrates 'Homecoming'
LONDON - Scotsman.com is joining in this year's "Homecoming" celebrations with a website dedicated to Scottish government's campaign encouraging those with Scot ancestry to trace their roots.
Visitors to scotsman.com/homecoming can share their Homecoming stories, watch the latest related videos and use an interactive map to plot their own Homecoming journey.
The project is looking to exploit all things connected to Scottish heritage and in particular to pull in Americans interested in tracing their Scottish roots.
The campaign has featured a 60 second television ad with assorted celebrities, including ex-pats Sean Connery and Lulu, singing lines of Dougie MacLean's classic song 'Caledonia' against a Scottish background
The site also features an interactive calendar, which breaks down events by date or subject.
Homecoming 2009 has been launched to coincide with the 250th anniversary of the birth of Robert Burns, and is a year-long festival of events to mark Scotland's contribution to the world and encourage Scots across the world to return home for the celebrations.
Alan Greenwood, Scotsman.com editor, said:"Homecoming is a great opportunity to showcase what's great about Scotland. We're excited about playing a part in the event and we're sure our audience will share that excitement.
"As Scotland's leading website, we want our Homecoming coverage to give visitors a chance to follow events as they happen and bring together Scots from across the world."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Paid Search Manager ( PPC ) - Leading Search Specialist Group Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Digital Web Designer: Fashion, Web, Email, Tablet, Mobile, HTML Creative Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Lead Graphic Designer (Print, Publishing, Fashion, Lifestyle) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Media Manager- BOUTIQUE agency- £40K! Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Sales Manager- Dynamic Video, digital & Mobile Business Ultimate Asset £35000 - £45000 per annum + amazing commission, London
- Account Director PFJ £40000 - £50000 per annum, London