Oceans and Mars open for exploration with new Google Earth
LONDON - Google has launched a new version of Google Earth, which allows users to dive and explore the oceans, track historical changes over the years, create their own earth-tours, and explore planet Mars.
Google teamed up with scientists from National Geographic, the US Navy and several other oceanographic associations to create the new ocean exploration function.
The programme shows users an interactive 3D map of the ocean floor, where they can explore the nooks and crannies, while look at thousands of data points, which include videos and images of ocean life.
Google Earth 5.0 also displays satellite images of locations over a specific expanse of time, from years to decades.
For example, you can look back in time and see the melting of the glaciers image by image, for the last decade or watch the transformation of Silicon Valley from a farming community to the world's tech capital over the past 50 years.
Google Earth's new Touring application allows users to create a shareable, narrated, fly-through tour by using the record button.
Also announced was the 3D Mars application, which was created in conjunction with Nasa.
Exploring the red planet, users can fly to the top of Olympus Mons, the tallest volcano in the solar system, read geo-located excerpts about different locations or observe where various Mars Rovers and Landers have touched down.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire
- Marketing Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £50K-70K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Integrated Designer (Marketing) Premier Media £35,000 pa, Central London