Tangent turns to former Party comms director to lead Labour account
LONDON - Digital agency Tangent One has appointed former Labour Party head of corporate communications, Paul Simpson, to manage its Labour Party account.
Simpson joins Tangent One from the Britain Israel Communication and Research Centre, where he was head of public affairs and led their contribution to the 'Stop the Boycott' campaign.
Prior to that role he worked for the Labour Party, first as a regional organiser and then as head of corporate communications. In this latter role he launched the Party's first podcast, led the team that put the Party onto YouTube, revamped their website, and coordinated direct mail campaigns.
In addition, he had responsibility for Labour's design and publishing unit, and played a key role in shifting the bulk of Labour member's communications online and away from print.
In his role at Tangent One he will work on evolving the Labour Party website and use social media to engage voters.
Simpson said: "I was looking for a role that would offer me the opportunity to focus more on the digital arena and this position will certainly give me the chance to do just that. I look forward to delivering exciting digital campaigns for the Labour Party, ensuring they get the most from new media, whilst playing an instrumental role in helping to grow the agency."
The appointment of Simpson follows the launch of a new campaign -- created by Tangent One -- to enable MPs to upload communication targeted at their constituents on Facebook, Twitter and through email.
That campaign followed the launch of Labour's social networking site Labourlist for party members and online forum Labourspace.com.
Read Gordon's Republic blog: Labour Party wakes up to social media.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £32,000 +, London (Central), London (Greater)
- planning director > ATL > LONDON's BEST collectivo Up to £100,000 per annum + benefits, London