Fitch's Artus poached for chief role at 1HQ
LONDON - Mark Artus, chief development officer at branding agency Fitch Worldwide, has been appointed chief executive of rival 1HQ.
He will replace John Sandom, who will become chairman at 1HQ, the parent company of Distillery, Vibrandt and Vibrandt Form.
Artus said he was eternally grateful for his experience at Fitch, however the opportunity to join 1HQ was too good to miss.
He plans to build 1HQ into a company that is more aligned with today's needs.
Artus said: "While some of the bigger, public-quoted agencies will be trimming costs and overheads, we will be in a position to focus our efforts on strengthening and growing nimble teams and finding the very best talent to compliment what we have.
"We plan to come out of this recession in a strong position.
"Being able to focus on this and to ensure we continue to deliver the very best 'brand growth' solutions for our clients is our immediate goal."
Sandom said: "We both believe in the strategic, innovative and creative 'cocktail' offered by the 1HQ group of brands.
"Under Mark's leadership I believe we are well placed to seize opportunities and develop as a global brand agency."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £250 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, Central London
- Freelance Account Manager? We need you now! Exciting accounts and excellent rates up to £170 a day. Barker Graves Up to £170/day, central London