IAB relaunches training programme to fight skills shortage
LONDON - The Internet Advertising Bureau has relaunched its IAB Progress programme to tackle an industry "skills shortage", aimed primarily at new graduates.
The IAB has joined forces with a number of training providers, including e-consultancy, AdMonsters and The Institute of Sales Promotion to give students and graduates access to a range of educational programmes online.
IAB Progress will offer more than 30 courses per month, with topics including online copywriting, SEO public relations and email marketing along with a 'New to Online' handbook, which will serve as an introduction to internet marketing.
The handbook will include industry contacts, jargon definitions, interview tips and a glossary of online disciplines.
Jack Wallington, IAB senior programmes manager, said: "Our market may be in the early years of maturity, but there remain a vast number of people who are new to online marketing, or lack the necessary skills or mindset to use the tools available properly.
"We are fully aware that the economic climate has dramatically changed over the past several months and in these uncertain times and an ever-changing marketplace, education and progression are key to success.
"While there has been a shift in the market, it actually offers marketers more options than ever before."
The IAB intially launched Progess in 2006.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Executive AF Selection £16,000 - £20,000, South Birmingham