Kraft revamps corporate identity
NEW YORK - Kraft Foods has unveiled a new-look corporate logo and slogan aimed at defending its products from the encroachment of supermarket own-label brands into its market share.
The new logo uses a stylised red smile, at the top right corner of which is an explosion of seven "flavour burst" icons, and uses the slogan "Make today delicious".
Kraft, which owns brands including Dairylea, Kenco, Toblerone and Philadelphia, used global marketing agency Nitro to lead the design process and create the logo. Part of that involved interviewing 7,000 employees and consumers across the globe, asking them about their thoughts and feelings concerning the brand itself and food generally.
The announcement of the new identity was made at the Consumer Analyst Group of New York Companies. The rebrand is part of the firm's three-year turnaround plan, which was announced back in 2007 by chief executive Irene Rosenfeld.
The new logo will not completely supersede Kraft's current blue, white and red brand identity -- the latter will still remain on Kraft-branded products.
But the logo will begin appearing on the back and side panels of Kraft foods across the globe, including in the UK.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Junior Planner Recipe Advertising 19-21k, Oxford Circus