Creative Orchestra opens doors with pay-for-ideas ethos
LONDON - Chris Arnold, the former creative director of Feel, has launched a business that aims to sell and licence ideas generated by a pool of young creative talent to clients and agencies.
Creative Orchestra is based in Islington and is headed by Arnold and Victoria Gallardo, who between them have held senior creative positions at Saatchi & Saatchi, McCann Erickson, Scholtz & Friends and Laing Henry.
Its aim is to change the way that creatives are rewarded for their work as well as to bring on a new generation of diverse talent.
It will take on briefs across advertising, branding, design, digital and new product development from commercial and public sector clients and agencies but will not take part in pitches or give ideas away for free to commercial organisations, which it says devalues talent.
Rather than billing clients by time it will charge either by selling ideas in response to a brief or licensing its own ideas.
Arnold said: "Clients do licensing deals on music, photography, illustration and models so why not for the idea? Our research shows most clients are happy to adopt this model, 'If it sells my product, why wouldn't I?'"
The founders believe that Creative Orchestra will become one of the most important sources of new creative talent for the marketing industry within three years.
The concept of Creative Orchestra has been praised by Johnny Vulkan, the founder of Anomaly in New York.
Vulkan said: "Ideas like Creative Orchestra are both exciting and vital at a time like this.
"Morally well centred with an emphasis on educating, harnessing and inspiring young talent to develop new types of commercially savvy creative ideas and processes for the future.
"An innovative idea in its own right I think CO will also provide some much needed optimism and stimulus to the industry in general."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £250 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, Central London
- Freelance Account Manager? We need you now! Exciting accounts and excellent rates up to £170 a day. Barker Graves Up to £170/day, central London
- FABULOUS FREELANCERS? Look no further! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Creative Artworker become £28K, Central London