War on Want unveils website redesign
LONDON - Anti-poverty charity War on Want has launched a new website in a bid to raise its profile before two large scale demonstrations in London at the end of this month and the next.
The new War on Want website features a refreshed homepage, integrated film and photo galleries, an enhanced search engine and a special RSS-type feed to tell supporters about breaking news.
The charity is using the new website to promote two upcoming demonstrations taking place in the capital.
The 6 Billion Ways event on February 28, which will feature a number of keynote speakers, seminars and a rally will be followed by the Put People First march, a five-day demonstration leading up to the G20 summit on April 2.
Both demonstrations are aimed at raising the profile of global poverty, climate change and human rights.
Corin Pearce, technology manager for War on Want, said: "The new year has seen us gather momentum through initiatives such as a report on exploited wine workers and planned campaign events.
"With a rising profile as the UK's foremost charity tackling the causes of world poverty, the new website can win even more public backing for our work."
War on Want's old website helped the charity place among Britain's top five charities in a poll conducted by Third Sector magazine.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Artworker - Mid-Weight Major Players £26000 - £28000 per annum, North London