Dasha Zhukova appointed editor-in-chief of Pop magazine
LONDON - Bauer Media has appointed Dasha Zhukova, the fashion designer girlfriend of Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich, as editor-in-chief of British fashion magazine Pop.
She replaces Katie Grand, who founded the magazine in 2000 but quit in October to work on Conde Nast's rival launch Love.
Zhukova's appointment comes as Pop opens a new London office, a satellite office and installation space in Berlin and a partnership with The Saatchi Gallery in London.
Zhukova, the daughter of Russian oligarch Alexander Zhukov, has been involved in various business ventures in the fashion and design fields.
She is the founder of The Garage Center for Contemporary Culture in Moscow, which opened last September to promote international contemporary art and culture.
In her new role Zhukova will work in partnership with editorial director Ashley Heath, former fashion director of The Face, who conceived and co-launched Pop.
Zhukova and Heath have interviewed and appointed a new team who will work from the new office in London.
David Davies, managing director of Pop and Bauer Media's women's portfolio, said: "Dasha's formidable recent track record and reputation worldwide means we have a truly exceptional and talented editor-in-chief to replace Katie Grand and take Pop to a whole new level."
Zhukova said: "We are working hard on a complete revamp of the magazine in order to provide a broader point of view focusing also on art, contemporary culture and the globalisation of all things pop related."
Bauer Media has also appointed former Wallpaper executive Tom Bailey as associate publisher of Pop.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- PPC Account Manger - Big budget client!!! Ultimate Asset £22000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Project Manager - Freelance and Perm Contracts The Industry Club London Ltd Various, London
- Brand Consultant / Strategist Royds Raphael £80k-£90k+neg dep. on experience, London
- Senior Account Manager - Account Manager - Branding, Contract & Permanent Royds Raphael £38k-£44k / £170-£190 day rate. Permanent and/or contract role, London