BD scoops DMA door drop award for Lurpak campaign
LONDON - Integrated agency BD has won the inaugural DMA Door Drop Award for its Lurpak butter campaign.
BD's campaign centred on door dropping leaflets with free and money-off next purchase coupons to encourage the trial and repeat purchase of Lurpak butter among highly targeted householders who had previously favoured competing brands.
The DMA gave honourable mentions to runners-up Virgin Media and Comet.
Mark Davies, chairman of the DMA's Forum for the Future working party, said: "We received an exceptional crop of entries, but BD's campaign for Lurpak truly stood out from a strategic, creative and above industry standard results perspective.
"This shows that quality, creativity and innovation is driving the sector and gives us great hope that it will continue to develop across broader areas."
The DMA Door Drop Awards, which were launched last October, showcase the most effective use of door drops.
The entries were judged by members of the DMA's Door Drop Council, who are drawn from a cross-section of the door drop sector.
Louise Hodgson, senior account manager with BD, said: "It's great to see door drops gaining recognition for the impressive penetration and retention figures that a truly crafted, targeted and innovate campaign can deliver.
"BD has executed successful DTD campaigns across many sectors and brands within the FMCG arena -- and particularly with Arla in the past ten years -- but it's always a pleasure to have efforts rewarded by peers and industry alike."
The call for entries for the 2009 DMA Awards will be made in mid-July.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham