Shares in Optimisa jump 55%
LONDON - Shares in AIM listed market research group Optimisa jumped by 55% to 38p this morning.
The jump in the value of following major transfers totalling 17% of the company's share capital at a price of 24.88p last Thursday.
Optimisa, which bought EQ Group in October 2007 for around £6.4m, reported group profits for the first half of 2008 were hit by the costs of absorbing that business as well as by the economic downturn.
In September Optimisa said announced a reorganisation as adjusted pre tax profits fell to £472,000 from £789,000.
Simon Dannatt, CEO of Optimisa, said the year to date has been much tougher than anticipated and that as a result the Group made changes to its focus and staffing, reallocating resources to match current sector, notably in media, financial services and the public sector.
It focused on key areas, particularly with regard to data analytics, high-end quantitative analysis and qualitative research, as well as building its teams in Asia.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire