Shares in Optimisa jump 55%
LONDON - Shares in AIM listed market research group Optimisa jumped by 55% to 38p this morning.
The jump in the value of following major transfers totalling 17% of the company's share capital at a price of 24.88p last Thursday.
Optimisa, which bought EQ Group in October 2007 for around £6.4m, reported group profits for the first half of 2008 were hit by the costs of absorbing that business as well as by the economic downturn.
In September Optimisa said announced a reorganisation as adjusted pre tax profits fell to £472,000 from £789,000.
Simon Dannatt, CEO of Optimisa, said the year to date has been much tougher than anticipated and that as a result the Group made changes to its focus and staffing, reallocating resources to match current sector, notably in media, financial services and the public sector.
It focused on key areas, particularly with regard to data analytics, high-end quantitative analysis and qualitative research, as well as building its teams in Asia.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Qualitative Research Manager - Boutique Agency Elizabeth Norman International £28000 - £45000 per annum, West London
- Digital Marketing Analyst Stopgap £30000 per annum, London
- Account Director/Client Services Director - Channel Marketing Stonor £60,000 to £75,000- dependent on experience, Central London
- Internal Communications Senior Specialist Aquent £40K pa plus, London Central