Grand Designs and Attenborough tie with 4m viewers each
LONDON - Channel 4's 'Grand Designs' tied with BBC One's David Attenborough series 'Nature's Great Events' in last night's TV ratings with 4m viewers apiece, according to unofficial overnight figures.
'Nature's Great Events' focused on the much preyed-upon sardine this week with aerial photography revealing the huge scale of the shoals of sardines and underwater footage of dolphins corralling their prey.
Channel 4's 'Grand Designs', which this week featured an unusually calm couple building a house on their Wiltshire farm with a hand-made bespoke kitchen and a sculptural staircase, dropped 2m viewers from last week to draw with BBC One. Including Channel 4+1 figures it reached 4.3m viewers.
ITV1 detective drama 'Taggart', which saw the team investigating the death of an adulterous college principal who was crushed in a lift, pulled in 3.9m viewers and a 16.8% share of the 9pm-10pm audience.
Five's remake of 'Minder', starring Shane Richie, attracted 1.2m viewers and a 5% share of the audience. This week Richie's character Archie enlisted the help of a poker expert to help him win back his old business associate's car, which he lost in a poker game.
'Building the Olympic Dream - London Calling' failed to excite viewers, drawing just 602,000 viewers and a 2.5% share of the audience to BBC Two.
The first instalment of the three-part documentary charting the journey to the London 2012 Olympics followed the exploits of the ceremonies team as they prepared to mount the eight-minute show at last year's Beijing Olympic Games to mark the official handover of responsibility for the Games to London.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Account Managers and Executives Needed Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London
- PPC Senior Executive - Big Brand - PPC Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London