Philadelphia unveils major packaging redesign
LONDON - Kraft-owned soft cheese brand Philadelphia has carried out the first major redesign of its packaging in 20 years and scrapped its traditional foil covered tub.
The new design, which is the most substantial work carried out on Philadelphia's packaging in over 20 years, was created by branding agency Holmes and Marchant.
The new-look product will go on sale in April.
The pack now has an oval rather than rectangular shape with a plastic lid and a halo placed behind the logo.
Flavoured varieties of the product, such as basil and garlic and herb, will feature images of the ingredients below the logo.
Philadelphia will extend the new look across the range, including Mini-Tubs and Splendips.
Holmes and Marchant managing director Jon Davies said: "Philadelphia is a famous brand with a great heritage.
We needed to create a pack that sympathetically moved the brand forward and reinforced its strong identity.
"Our aim was to create fresh, immediately understandable and intuitive pack architecture and graphics that worked across the whole range of products."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £32,000 +, London (Central), London (Greater)
- planning director > ATL > LONDON's BEST collectivo Up to £100,000 per annum + benefits, London