Embedded advertising provider attempts to improve ROI case
LONDON - MirriAd, which offers "embedded advertising" technology allowing ads and logos to be inserted in online video, has bolstered its ability to measure ROI by partnering with brand analysis agency Repucom.
The partnership follows Culture Secretary Andy Burnham's announcement that product placement will still be allowed in video-on-demand (VoD) programmes, despite being banned from all other media in the UK.
The MirriAd/Repucom partnership will provide brands with the materials needed to launch embedded ad campaigns for VoD videos in the UK, and on an international scale -- broadcast television, online and mobile videos -- complete with a post-campaign analysis.
MirriAd currently allows advertisers to embed products or brands into video content, and also provides low quality stream so they can see how the finished product will appear.
Last year the company debuted its product by promoting the Will Ferrell flick 'Semi-Pro' in the online entertainment press through a series of digitally inserted images.
In the agreement, Repucom's brand analysis tools will provide a measure of on-screen duration, exposure size, the embedded object's media equivalency and a post-campaign ROI report.
The two companies previously hooked up for a campaign in India with Hindustani Unilever.
Mark Popkiewicz, MirriAd CEO, said: "Embedded advertising is an emerging but already highly developed approach.
"The advertising placements are seamlessly incorporated -- exposing brands to consumers without detracting from the core content and this agreement with Repucom allows MirriAd to demonstrate the value up front."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Director Major Players £45000 - £55000 per annum, London