Hell's Kitchen fires up with 5m viewers on ITV1
LONDON - The return of 'Hell's Kitchen' to ITV1 with Marco Pierre White and eight celebrity chef wannabes, including 'Dynasty' star Linda Evans, Ms Dynamite and Anthea Turner, attracted 5m viewers, according to unofficial overnight figures.
While host Angus Deayton has been replaced by Claudia Winkleman, the format of the show remains unchanged from the previous series with eight celebrities (Evans, Dynamite, Turner, her husband Grant Bovey, Adrian Edmonson, Bruce Grobbelaar, Jody Latham and Danielle Bux) trying to cut it as professional chefs.
'Hell's Kitchen' won the primetime slot with a 20.8% share of the 9pm-10pm audience.
BBC One's airing of Jerry Bruckheimer film 'King Arthur', starring Clive Owen as Arthur and Keira Knightly as Guinevere, pulled in 4.7m viewers and a 22.4% share of the 9pm-11pm audience.
The second part of Channel 4's 'Henry VIII: Mind of a Tyrant' series, presented by Tudor expert David Starkey, drew 2.1m viewers and an 8.5% share of the 9pm-10pm audience.
Including Channel 4+1 figures it reached 2.2m viewers.
The penultimate instalment of Five's 'Extreme Fishing with Robson Green', which saw Green sampling the delights of Bangkok's infamous fish market and attempting to catch a stingray, won 1.4m viewers and a 5.7% share of the audience.
It beat BBC Two's US drama series 'Heroes' about people with super powers, which netted 1.3m viewers and a 5.3% share of the 9pm-9.45pm audience.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, Central London