Hell's Kitchen fires up with 5m viewers on ITV1
LONDON - The return of 'Hell's Kitchen' to ITV1 with Marco Pierre White and eight celebrity chef wannabes, including 'Dynasty' star Linda Evans, Ms Dynamite and Anthea Turner, attracted 5m viewers, according to unofficial overnight figures.
While host Angus Deayton has been replaced by Claudia Winkleman, the format of the show remains unchanged from the previous series with eight celebrities (Evans, Dynamite, Turner, her husband Grant Bovey, Adrian Edmonson, Bruce Grobbelaar, Jody Latham and Danielle Bux) trying to cut it as professional chefs.
'Hell's Kitchen' won the primetime slot with a 20.8% share of the 9pm-10pm audience.
BBC One's airing of Jerry Bruckheimer film 'King Arthur', starring Clive Owen as Arthur and Keira Knightly as Guinevere, pulled in 4.7m viewers and a 22.4% share of the 9pm-11pm audience.
The second part of Channel 4's 'Henry VIII: Mind of a Tyrant' series, presented by Tudor expert David Starkey, drew 2.1m viewers and an 8.5% share of the 9pm-10pm audience.
Including Channel 4+1 figures it reached 2.2m viewers.
The penultimate instalment of Five's 'Extreme Fishing with Robson Green', which saw Green sampling the delights of Bangkok's infamous fish market and attempting to catch a stingray, won 1.4m viewers and a 5.7% share of the audience.
It beat BBC Two's US drama series 'Heroes' about people with super powers, which netted 1.3m viewers and a 5.3% share of the 9pm-9.45pm audience.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Marketing Analyst - Online Retail Jarlett de Grouchy £23000 - £28000 per annum + Benefits, Sleaford
- Web Designer / Front End Developer Guru Careers £45 - 50k + Benefits, Based in London (SE1)
- Head of Marketing - Commercial/B2B Berwick Partners Excellent basic plus benefits, Central London/Berkshire
- Account Manager (2 months) Stopgap £150 - £160 per day, London
- Account Manager Purple Consultancy £28000 - £30000 per annum, London