Schwarzkopf recruits YouTube user to promote 'extreme' styling
LONDON - Schwarzkopf, the Henkel-owned haircare brand, has recruited YouTube video blogger Birdboy7227 and flown him from the US to the UK to promote its Got2b range of hair styling products.
Birdboy7277, whose real name is Richard Povian, came to the attention of Schwarzkopf after he posted a video on YouTube on how to create a Mohawk hair style using Got2b Glued "extreme" hair gel.
Schwarzkopf has since signed him up and flown him to the UK to front a series of marketing and PR stunts that will tap into social media.
Birdboy7277 is a fan of free-running sport parkour and so Schwarzkopf's digital agency Swamp and its sister e-PR agency OnVisible devised a campaign that ties the sport's acrobatics into the gravity-defying nature of Got2b's styling range.
They have teamed Birdboy with professional parkour group Urban Freeflow, with whom he will test his hairstyle's endurance against a series of free-running challenges.
The campaign will focus on YouTube content generated by the challenges, while online PR will target hair and lifestyle bloggers and media, encouraging them to sample the products and create their own unique looks.
The campaign will also include national, offline consumer PR.
Mark Beeby, Schwarzkopf's brand manager for Got2b, said: "Got2b has already proven itself to be a huge success in the American youth market, where it is the number one styling glue product in the market.
"In the UK, we wanted to market Got2b in a really innovative way to help show the USP of the product and demonstrate how people can get the most out of it."
Got2b originates from the US and is the number-four hairstyling brand in America.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, Halifax
- Midweight Designer Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, West Midlands
- Senior Art Director Pitch Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum + benefits, Warwickshire
- Senior Account Manager - Digital Pitch Consultants £3000 - £34000 per annum + bonus + benefits, Birmingham