Ashes to Ashes returns with 7m viewers
LONDON - 'Ashes to Ashes' made a strong return to BBC One last night with an audience of 7m, well ahead of ITV1's 'Hell's Kitchen', according to unofficial overnight figures.
The second series of the 1980s set drama, which is the fourth helping of DCI Gene Hunt after his exploits in prequel 'Life on Mars', began with 29.1% share despite mixed reviews last time around.
The 7m viewers for the first outing for the second series matches that of the first series before the eighth episode of timewarp drama concluded its run with 5.4m viewers.
'Hell's Kitchen', which is occupying a daily 9pm-10pm slot, chalked up another night above the 4m audience mark, with 4.5m viewers and a 18.5% share.
None of the other main terrestrial channels managed to break the 2m viewer barrier in primetime or during any time of the day.
But Channel 4 got the best 9pm-10pm ratings with 1.7m or 6.8% of the audience picking its history series 'Henry VIII: Mind of a Tyrant'.
Five's last helping of 'Extreme Fishing with Robson Greene' drew 1.4m viewers and a 5.9% share. BBC Two's 'Heroes' placed last with 1.3m viewers and a 5.2% share.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Senior Program Manager air recruitment Up to £75K (dependent on experience) plus benefits and bonuses, Central London
- JUNIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER Live Recruitment £20000 - £24000 per annum, Middlesex
- Digital Account Manager Live Recruitment £23000 - £27000 per annum, Wolverhampton
- ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £17000 - £21000 per annum, Birmingham