Buckley quits Turner to go back to school
Mick Buckley, UK managing director and former ad sales man for
Turner Broadcasting, is leaving the company after seven-and-a-half years
to take time out of the industry.
Planning his departure for the start of 2002, Buckley will fulfil a
long-term dream to go back to college and take up a place at business
Buckley claimed commercial responsibility for TBS news operations across
Europe, the Middle East and Africa, as well as consolidating CNN's
commercial activities across all platforms, and marketing the UK's
His role as UK managing director included full responsibility for all
distribution issues and new business development across TBS's European
Networks, Cartoon Network, Boomerang, Turner Classic Movies, CNN and
their associate web properties in the UK and Ireland.
Buckley was promoted to UK managing director in 1999 from senior
vice-president of entertainment and advertising sales for TNT and the
Cartoon Network. Dee Forbes stepped into his shoes as vice-president,
Buckley had previously worked for TSW, the former ITV regional sales set
up and Carlton.
Commenting on his departure, Buckley said: "For some time I have been
considering taking a career break with the view to, among other things,
furthering my studies at business school. I will use the next nine
months to pursue personal goals within the Turner network or elsewhere."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Corporate Marketing Manager University of Westminster £43, 272 p.a. (incl. L.W.A.), Central London