The Apprentice advertising challenge attracts 7.6m viewers
LONDON - BBC One's 'The Apprentice' again outshone 'Hell's Kitchen' with 7.6m viewers tuning in to see the teams competing to create the best ad campaign for their own cereal brand, according to unofficial overnight figures.
Marketing consultant Kimberley Davis was fired after her team's ad, featuring a character called Pants Man, failed to impress Sir Alan Sugar and judges from ad agency McCann Erickson.
The programme easily won the primetime slot with a 31.9% share of the 9pm-10pm audience.
ITV1's 'Hell's Kitchen', which saw Marco Pierre White issuing further challenges to his celebrity kitchen recruits, dropped 400,000 viewers from the previous night to 3.2m viewers and a 13.2% share of the audience.
'Grand Designs', which this week revisited a home on the banks of a secluded Scottish loch, pulled in 2.2m viewers and a 9% share of the audience on Channel 4. Including Channel 4+1 it reached 2.4m viewers.
'Restoration Revisited', an update programme revealing what has happened to the derelict buildings chosen for restoration over three series of 'Restoration', netted 1.8m viewers and a 7.4% share of the audience for BBC Two.
Five's 'Extraordinary People: The Man with Someone Else's Face' documentary, following a leading Chinese surgeon as he performs a partial face transplant on a man who was mauled by a bear, scored 908,000 viewers and a 3.7% share of the audience.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire