Enough already! American-style 'promotional solutions' instead of
ads. Ads on bald heads and coffee cups. It's all gone too far.
Who remembers the early-90s when Britain mocked the commercialism and
tackiness of the US? Well, here we are in America II - The Cheap
What's next? Some media mogul in London pitching to Sony to advertise
PS2 on Osama Bin Laden's turban at his arrest? All that publicity - and
coinciding nicely with the ubiquitous (get a dictionary, media buyers)
follow-up computer game, Operation: Destroy Children's Imaginations.
I sell advertising - not solutions. I serve a purpose, but
fundamentally, I'm a worthless piece of shit. I'm told as much by buyers
in London. Why can't some of you buyers/planners show some humility and
sense of proportion?
Contrary to your most heartfelt beliefs, you are not the most important
people in the world.
Go and do something for the benefit of others, like give blood or throw
yourself under a train - you may find it uplifting.
And you clever 'creatives', who provide innovative 'bespoke promotional
solutions' in 'strategic' places - grow up!
Ads at the bottom of pint glasses aren't clever, they're just plain
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Head of Creative Major Players negotiable, City of London
- Middle Weight Digital Designer Gemini Search £30000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London