Unilever in hunt to acquire European brands
LONDON - Unilever is planning a series of European acquisitions starting with Alpro Soya, the Belgian manufacturer of soya milk and yoghurts.
Unilever's move to acquire new brands follows a period of restructuring in 2007 when the company's former chief executive merged its food and consumer goods division.
Now this has been completed new chief executive Paul Polman, who joined from Nestle last year, is ready to expand Unilever's brand portfolio.
According to The Sunday Times other companies on Unilever's list of potential acquisitions include Baltimor, Russia's largest manufacturer of tomato sauce, and Sara Lee's European household and personal care business.
If the Sara Lee deal went through it would see brands such as Brylcreem and Sanex deodorant come under the Unilever umbrella.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- PPC Executive - Leading Digital Marketing Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account Director - FMCG & Retail to £55k Network Career Consultants £48000 - £55000 per annum, City of London