Virgin Media shortlists three for sale of Bravo and Living
LONDON - Channel 4, Time Warner and BSkyB have been shortlisted as potential buyers of Virgin Media's wholly owned VMtv channels Virgin 1, Bravo and Living.
Virgin Media intends to sell the channels separately from its joint venture with BBC Worldwide, UKTV, which will be sold at a later stage.
The BBC has denied interest in purchasing the non UKTV channels.
VMtv made £121.8m for the company last year, with Virgin Media's half of UKTV generating £38.1m in revenue.
The Times reports that if successful Channel 4 plans to merge VMtv into a larger joint venture with BBC Worldwide.
This would again unite the VMtv channels and the the UKTV channels under one roof.
VMtv's Living is home to such programmes as 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation', 'The L-Word' and 'Britain's Next Top Model'.
Bravo, which is billed as Virgin's channel for men, airs shows including the David Mamet created 'The Unit', which stars Dennis Haysbert.
Virgin 1's biggest show is 'Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles', starring Lena Headey. Producer Fox is in the process of weighing up the sci-fi show's future and has yet to decide whether to create a third series.
UKTV includes channels Dave, Watch, and G.O.L.D and air a mix of BBC repeats including 'Top Gear' and 'Red Dwarf'.
VMtv and UKTV are expected to net about £400m, about half the amount Virgin Media sought when it tried to sell its assets in 2006.
Earlier this year Virgin Media closed its teenage-oriented channel Trouble as part of its plan to offload its content business.
Trouble, which was best known for shows such as 'Kyle XY' and 'Veronica Mars', has been replaced by another version of Living.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- PPC Executive - Leading Digital Marketing Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account Director - FMCG & Retail to £55k Network Career Consultants £48000 - £55000 per annum, City of London