Next Fifteen share price jumps on bid talk
LONDON - Shares in AIM-listed public relations company Next Fifteen Communications Group jumped 20% yesterday morning as it confirmed it was in talks with two of its rivals about a potential bid.
Huntsworth owned up immediately as one of the bidders although the other suitor, Chime Communications, took until lunchtime to acknowledge its involvement.
Dentsu, Japan's biggest publicly listed marketing group, today confirmed this Blog's earlier prediction (see Massive investment write-down expected to wipe out Dentsu profit) and the market's worst fears as it announced that it expects to have incurred a loss of £126m (¥20,453m) for the year ended March 31 2009.
At long last the Canadian-based marketing group MDC Partners that owns US agency Crispin Porter & Bogusky may be showing tentative signs of operating at a profit.
Having accumulated losses to date of $113m, of which $60m arose in 2006 and 2007 alone, the group reported a small profit last year -- but only after benefitting from a $13.3m currency gain (see Currency gains save MDC from yet another loss).
International digital marketing and technology group LBi International has reported a loss of €2.5m (£2.4m) for the first quarter of 2009 as revenues declined by 8.5% from the level achieved in the first quarter of 2008 and fell below those achieved in any quarter in the last two years.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Designer (Packaging, Brochure, POS, Retouching) Creative Recruitment £20000 - £24000 per annum, London
- Graphic Designer (Branding, Marketing, POS, Packaging) Creative Recruitment £20000 - £24000 per annum, London