Channel 4 signs 3 as comedy sponsor in seven-figure deal
LONDON - Mobile phone operator 3 has signed a deal to sponsor Channel 4's original comedy, which includes David Mitchell and Robert Webb's 'Peep Show' and 'Star Stories'.
The seven-figure deal, which goes live this weekend and runs until the end of 2009, will see 3 sponsorship credits appear across Channel 4, E4 and More4 -- as well as on Channel4.com and video-on-demand service 4OD.
Other shows in Channel 4's comedy line-up that will give 3 exposure to viewers include a new entertainment chat show hosted by Alan Carr and the return of '8 out of 10 Cats'.
3 takes over from beer brand Grolsch, which previously sponsored Channel 4's original comedy.
The partnership was brokered by Mindshare's content division Invention and the creative has been produced by Glue.
Alan Doyle, 3's director of integrated services, said: "Sponsoring Channel 4's comedy stream is a great fit for us.
"Like Channel 4, we push the boundaries of our industry. We like to challenge the status quo for our customers and we try not to take ourselves too seriously.
"These are values that are important to us and we hope that this deal will help us share them with the 16- to 34-year-old audience that the broadcaster's award-winning shows attract."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- QC Portfolio Sport 100, London (Greater)
- New Business Manager Beyond The Book £30,000-£40,000 +bonus+car, Derbyshire / Leicestershire / Lincolnshire / Northamptonshire / Nottinghamshire
- Marketing Manager Nu Creative Talent £26500.00 - £33000.00 per annum + excellent benefits, Hertfordshire
- Midweight-Senior Creative Team Major Players £50000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Communications Executive Haymarket Media Group Dependant on Experience, Teddington, London (Greater)