More4 News jeopardised by Channel 4 budget cuts
LONDON - Channel 4 may axe More4 News and Channel 4 bulletin News at Noon as part of a 10% budget cut it has ordered at its news operation, according to reports.
The Guardian claims senior sources at Channel 4 News have told it several shows including More4 News could go completely to meet the need to cost cuts.
The broadcaster is likely to cut 10% from its £600m programming budget, according to chief executive Andy Duncan.
The main Channel 4 News evening show is well respected for its coverage and gathers an audience of around a million viewers.
But More4 News, a half-hour programme at 8pm-8.30pm on weekdays on More4, has a much smaller audience and attracted only 33,000 viewers on May 14.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Marketing Manager Nu Creative Talent £26500.00 - £33000.00 per annum + excellent benefits, Hertfordshire
- Midweight-Senior Creative Team Major Players £50000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Stopgap £40000 - £45000 per annum, Winnersh, Berkshire
- Project Manager / Account Manager Story Recruitment £30-38k dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)