More4 News jeopardised by Channel 4 budget cuts
LONDON - Channel 4 may axe More4 News and Channel 4 bulletin News at Noon as part of a 10% budget cut it has ordered at its news operation, according to reports.
The Guardian claims senior sources at Channel 4 News have told it several shows including More4 News could go completely to meet the need to cost cuts.
The broadcaster is likely to cut 10% from its £600m programming budget, according to chief executive Andy Duncan.
The main Channel 4 News evening show is well respected for its coverage and gathers an audience of around a million viewers.
But More4 News, a half-hour programme at 8pm-8.30pm on weekdays on More4, has a much smaller audience and attracted only 33,000 viewers on May 14.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Digital Strategy Director Lipton Fleming £75000.00 - £80000.00 per annum, London
- Digital Account Executive AF Selection £18,000 - £20,000 + Benefits, Manchester
- Senior eCRM Digital Producer / Project Manager, £45K, The Industry Club London Ltd Up to £45K, Farringdon
- Senior Digital Buyer Lipton Fleming £28000.00 - £30000.00 per annum, London