More4 News jeopardised by Channel 4 budget cuts
LONDON - Channel 4 may axe More4 News and Channel 4 bulletin News at Noon as part of a 10% budget cut it has ordered at its news operation, according to reports.
The Guardian claims senior sources at Channel 4 News have told it several shows including More4 News could go completely to meet the need to cost cuts.
The broadcaster is likely to cut 10% from its £600m programming budget, according to chief executive Andy Duncan.
The main Channel 4 News evening show is well respected for its coverage and gathers an audience of around a million viewers.
But More4 News, a half-hour programme at 8pm-8.30pm on weekdays on More4, has a much smaller audience and attracted only 33,000 viewers on May 14.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire