More4 News jeopardised by Channel 4 budget cuts
LONDON - Channel 4 may axe More4 News and Channel 4 bulletin News at Noon as part of a 10% budget cut it has ordered at its news operation, according to reports.
The Guardian claims senior sources at Channel 4 News have told it several shows including More4 News could go completely to meet the need to cost cuts.
The broadcaster is likely to cut 10% from its £600m programming budget, according to chief executive Andy Duncan.
The main Channel 4 News evening show is well respected for its coverage and gathers an audience of around a million viewers.
But More4 News, a half-hour programme at 8pm-8.30pm on weekdays on More4, has a much smaller audience and attracted only 33,000 viewers on May 14.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Head of Marketing Ninesharp £50000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits, City of London