Tokyo DVD helps showcase 3's INQ1 phone
LONDON - Mobile network 3 is to give away a CD/DVD in stores that highlights the capabilities of its INQ1 phone in the form of video reportage from Tokyo.
The series of videos was commissioned by 3 from Inc, a self-described journalists' co-operative which has produced content for brands such as Ford and Tourism Australia.
Five journalists were paid by 3 to visit Tokyo, investigate the local culture and publish daily blogs including pictures and videos taken on INQ1 phones over the week they were there.
The journalists include freelance John Arlidge, who writes regularly for the Sunday Times and The Daily Telegraph, and International Herald Tribune contributor Genevieve Roberts.
Inc's model also allows journalists freedom to produce content independently from its client projects and sell it to any media outlet, which can result in additional press coverage for clients.
The content produced for 3 was added to a dedicated microsite called 3Snapshots, which is intended to host further projects following Tokyo.
Videos from the trip have been repurposed for the CD/DVD, for which 3 added an audio playlist of 14 tracks chosen by DJ Matt Radio Slave as inspired by Tokyo.
Sarah Pope, head of consumer PR at 3, said: "The 3 Snapshots Tokyo experience opened our eyes to the extreme ways the Japanese are using their mobile phones.
"Since the trip has ended, the content that we generated and the experiences we collected continue to be valuable, whether that's by securing us editorial coverage in nationals, or in specialist press, or by giving us compelling videos and music inspiration to use as a free limited edition CD/DVD, available to our customers and all who visit the 3Snapshots.com."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Media Business Director PFJ £70000.00 - £90000 per annum, London
- PERFORMANCE PLANNING DIRECTOR - MOBILE BRAND! Ultimate Asset £45000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham