Myvideorights.com lands Father Ted clips deal
LONDON - Myvideorights.com has signed a one-year deal to distribute and monetise video clips from Hat Trick Productions, the company behind sitcom 'Father Ted'.
Other series covered by the deal include 'Armstrong and Miller' and 'Fonejacker'.
Myvideorights will be able to distribute the content online, to mobile and IPTV and will utilise digital fingerprinting tools to profile audiences and prevent content from being distributed without authorisation.
Paul Cohen, director of legal and commercial affairs at Hat Trick, said: "Controlling and monetising short-form content online is a big challenge for producers and working with MVR will help us move forward in both areas."
Myvideorights.com is backed by former Sun editor and TalkSport founder Kelvin Mackenzie and former Endemol chief creative officer Peter Bazalgette.
Ashley Mackenzie, chief executive of Myvideorights.com, said: "Comedy is the most popular online video content genre on the web and, in particular, on YouTube today, with some 70% of people watching comedy clips online."
Myvideorights.com's other clients include Comic Relief, Maverick TV, ESPN, Bafta and BBC Motion Gallery.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Media - Client Director Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London
- Interim Customer Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London