UKTV unveils Good Food channel branding
LONDON - UKTV is today unveiling new on-air branding for its food channel to mark its change from UKTV Food to Good Food.
Good Food is the final channel in UKTV's portfolio of ten channels to be rebranded following an 18-month overhaul project involving media company Red Bee Media.
Red Bee Media has developed and positioned Good Food to appeal to food lovers and serious foodies with the end line "We have fun with food".
The branding includes four idents called 'Stir Fry', 'Wild Food', 'Dinner Party' and 'Sunday Roast' that aim to capture the energy, the fun, and the social aspect that comes across when eating and preparing food.
The Sunday Roast ident depicts a family enjoying the familiar Sunday dinner ritual -- son and daughter helping to set the table, dad carving the joint of meat and mum dishing up the vegetables.
Steaming gravy is poured over the food, drinks are poured and even the dog gets his share of the dinner.
UKTV announced in May that it was rebranding UKTV Food as Good Food following a new licensing deal with BBC Worldwide.
Denise Wild, UKTV's lifestyle marketing manager, said: "Developing Good Food brand identity has been a very different experience from our nine preceding rebrands.
"We had to align our new multiplatform brand with the established Good Food one, while also ensuring our TV proposition is distinct and appealing to our current UKTV Food viewers.
"To do this, we've utilised the Good Food type face within our logo but altered its alignment and positioning, and also used the recognised colour palette to create an on screen presentation (OSP) kit that is both fresh and modern in feel."
Red Bee created a launch promo for the channel in 10-second, 30-second and 60-second versions which are currently playing across all 17 UKTV and Virgin TV channels.
Andy Bryant, director of creative at Red Bee Media, said: "This final re-brand is a classic example of how we have worked with UKTV to transform ten channels into viewing destinations.
"Changing the face of UKTV has demonstrated how a distinctive and relevant brand identity is one of the more potent and effective options available to broadcasters to achieve audience and revenue growth.
"Our work with UKTV has already delivered real financial payback in a fiercely competitive television market place."
In March UKTV unveiled the rebrand of lifestyle brands UKTV Style and UKTV Gardens as Home and Really respectively.
This followed the rebrand of UKTV History as Yesterday in March, UKTV People to Blighty in February and UKTV Documentary to Eden in January.
In October, UKTV rebranded UKTV Drama to Alibi, UKTV Gold to Gold and launched a new channel, Watch.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Group Account Director - Maternity cover (9-12 months) Stopgap £60000 - £65000 per annum, London