Pressitt develops social media newsroom for Bright One
LONDON - Pressitt, the social media news release service, has donated a tailored social media newsroom and social media news release template to volunteer-run communications agency Bright One.
The newsroom and template will allow Bright One, which is a communications agency for the third sector, to create, distribute and promote its news via the Pressitt platform.
Pressitt will help the not-for-profit organisation make its news announcements more "social" through social bookmarking, commenting functionality and web 2.0 shareable features, including audio and video clips.
In addition, Pressitt releases are search-engine friendly so that they will be visible in search results for relevant keywords.
Ben Matthews, founder of Bright One, said: "The nature of public relations has rapidly changed in recent years and the tool of the traditional press release has had to change with it.
"The social media newsroom demonstrates this and we look forward to getting our clients' news out there by using the latest social media tools and engaging with our audiences on a wide range of social media platforms."
Pressitt was launched in March by digital PR and social media consultancy Liberate Media and web development company Best Served Cold.
Lloyd Gofton, director of Liberate Media and Pressitt, said: "At Pressitt we're committed to assisting our partners in communicating in the most useful and relevant way with their communities.
"We are already engaging with a whole host of organisations to deliver tailored responses to their social media news challenges and have seen at first hand the continued growth and understanding of the social media news environment."
Pressitt is offering to build social media newsrooms free of charge for all charitable organisations, with reduced hosting fees.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Senior Production Manager/ Production Director Premier Media £45,000 - £60,000, London
- Mid-Senior Planner | £50-70K Dynamic New Alliances £50000 - £70000 per annum + Excellent Package, City of London
- Mid Weight PM needed for Liverpool Street agency £32k Digital Gurus £32000 - £34000 per annum, London