Lauren Laverne falls flat on face in Drinkaware campaign
LONDON - Alcohol awareness charity Drinkaware has signed up radio DJ and TV presenter Lauren Laverne to star in an irreverent online video warning festival goers of the pitfalls of alcohol abuse.
The film is part of Drinkaware's 'Drink Less Miss Less' campaign to get people to think about the impact of summer drinking on their health.
The minute-long film, which will be distributed virally and shown at various music festivals over the summer, shows Laverne on stage addressing a boozed-up crowd of revellers at a festival.
She becomes so fired up in the moment that she launches herself into a stage-dive.
However, after sending herself flying, rather than being caught by the crowd, Laverne lands flat on her face. The film cuts to a shot of various members of the male audience urinating against a tree.
The endline says: "Alcohol makes you pee more than water or soft drinks -- pace yourself and miss less."
Laverne said: "There's no denying a lot of people enjoy a few drinks at a festival, but drinking too much can ruin the experience.
"The video is a fun way of conveying a serious message in a non-preachy way and of getting people to think twice about how much they drink and the effect booze can have on their health and wellbeing.
"As well as understanding more about alcohol units, the shoot also gave me a new found respect for stuntmen as I had to re-take the stage-diving shot about 30 times."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, Central London