Paul Armstrong joins Kindred as social media director
LONDON - Integrated agency Kindred has hired Paul Armstrong, a former MySpace marketer and PR specialist, as social media director.
The appointment strengthens the agency's integrated PR, advertising and digital offering with an influential social media voice, recently returned to the UK having spent six years in California.
Most recently Armstrong managed marketing and communication strategies at MySpace before which he looked after brand and digital strategy for Sony and computer games publisher Activision at PR agency Burston-Marsteller Los Angeles.
His insights into the media landscape have been published in Wired and PR Week magazines and he created a Twitter feed tracking the "death" of the media, which has more than 20,000 followers.
Laura Oliphant, managing director at Kindred, said: "Paul's world-class experience speaks for itself and he was hotly pursued on his return to the UK, so we're obviously delighted that he has chosen Kindred.
"The majority of our clients see social media as core to their campaigns as the lines between disciplines are becoming increasingly blurred."
Kindred was formed by the merger of PR agency Geronimo Communications, ad agency Mustoes and digital agency Cosmic ID.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £32,000 +, London (Central), London (Greater)
- planning director > ATL > LONDON's BEST collectivo Up to £100,000 per annum + benefits, London