Paul Armstrong joins Kindred as social media director
LONDON - Integrated agency Kindred has hired Paul Armstrong, a former MySpace marketer and PR specialist, as social media director.
The appointment strengthens the agency's integrated PR, advertising and digital offering with an influential social media voice, recently returned to the UK having spent six years in California.
Most recently Armstrong managed marketing and communication strategies at MySpace before which he looked after brand and digital strategy for Sony and computer games publisher Activision at PR agency Burston-Marsteller Los Angeles.
His insights into the media landscape have been published in Wired and PR Week magazines and he created a Twitter feed tracking the "death" of the media, which has more than 20,000 followers.
Laura Oliphant, managing director at Kindred, said: "Paul's world-class experience speaks for itself and he was hotly pursued on his return to the UK, so we're obviously delighted that he has chosen Kindred.
"The majority of our clients see social media as core to their campaigns as the lines between disciplines are becoming increasingly blurred."
Kindred was formed by the merger of PR agency Geronimo Communications, ad agency Mustoes and digital agency Cosmic ID.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, Central London