Luxury Collection launches community within Asmallworld.net
LONDON - Hotel chain The Luxury Collection has launched an interactive travel community within up-market social network Asmallworld.net, which it is calling Europe's first social media-based hotel concierge service.
The travel microsite is housed within Asmallworld.net. It is available in the pre-booking stage and will comprise a series of blogs from Luxury Collection concierges around Europe and Africa at its heart.
The content of the blogs will focus on key events in the global social calendar selected in close collaboration with Asmallworld.net to coincide with the interests of the private community's audience.
Events covered by the blogs will include:
- Hotel Grande Bretagne's (Athens) guide to the Night of the Full Moon in Greece.
- An insiders view on the Venice Film festival presented by the concierges of the Gritti Palace & Hotel Danieli in Venice.
- An introduction to Gansbaai Great White Shark Festival from the Arabella Western Cape Hotel in South Africa.
- The final blog for 2009 will see concierges from all The Luxury Collection's Austrian hotels (Hotel Imperial and Hotel Bristol in Vienna and the Hotel Goldener Hirsch in Salzburg) collaborating to create the ultimate guide to enjoy pre-Christmas time in Austria.
Through this initiative visitors will experience a virtual introduction to The Luxury Collection's concierge service with the ability to question the concierges and comment on the destination or event discussed in the blog.
Shara Gastwirth, director of marketing and client services at Asmallworld, said: "Our members are discerning global travellers and tastemakers.
"ASW offers a powerful tool to help members manage their travel plans whether it be for their social or business lives.
"We have a duty to the community to maintain a trusted network of influential authorities. So we have to be very selective concerning brands we invite to participate in the community.
"The Luxury Collection are well-respected destination authorities and our experience working with them has confirmed that they are committed to adding value to the community and have the insight and expertise to do so.
The travel microsite will also feature an interactive calendar of events taking place around the world, a series of destination guides, and information on Luxury Collection exclusives and privileges.
Asmallworld will support The Luxury Collection community by offering integrated links and media placements across the network including featured listings on the global events calendar, ads in Asmallmagazine, and content integration within email newsletters.
The strategy was developed by digital marketing and technology agency LBi, which has also built the community platform in collaboration with Asmallworld.
Luxury Collection is part of Starwood Hotels and Resorts, which also owns hotel chain Westin, W Hotels and the Sheraton.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Project Manager / Account Manager Story Recruitment £30-38k dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £32,000 +, London (Central), London (Greater)