Esomar to investigate economic challenges at 62nd congress
AMSTERDAM - World research organisation Esomar is to explore the challenges ahead for markets, business and society, during a time of global economic turmoil at its annual congress in Switzerland.
With the theme "Leading the Way -- Ethically, Responsibly and Creatively", this year's Esomar Congress will take place on September 15-18 in Montreux.
The conference, which attracts delegates from around the world, will include a separate stream dedicated to research direction, where the latest research 2.0 and knowledge management initiatives will be explored through client case studies and master classes.
Gunilla Broadbent, Esomar president, said: "This has been a year of remarkable change including the recognition of a radically new economic reality, a new impetus for ethical and transparent business practices, and continuing technological evolution.
"Rapid shifts in consumer behaviour and changing commercial imperatives have required an equally rapid and creative response from research leaders.
"Add to this the advancing frontiers of research 2.0, and we look forward to a 2009 congress that will provide an exhilarating mix of groundbreaking research and challenging debate on an international stage."
The conference will also introduce the winners of the international young researcher award, launched as part of Esomar's commitment to inspiring young professionals in the field of research.
The new award is designed to honour outstanding, original and creative research from professionals under the age of 30. Winners will be presented at the congress and their papers published on the Esomar website.
The three confirmed keynote speakers will be:
- Norbert Walter, chief economist at Deutsche Bank Group.
- Paco Underhill, founder and CEO of Envirosell, a pioneer of research into shopping behaviour.
- Fiona Czerniaswska, founder and managing director of Arkimeda.
Omar Mahmoud, programme committee chair and chief of market knowledge at Unicef, said: "This year's programme challenges the research community to develop and apply research in an ethical, responsible and creative way.
"We have selected a broad range of international contributors who show leadership, and unique or pioneering approaches for navigating this new research environment."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Affiliate Executive - Huge Retail Client - Leading Media Agency Ultimate Asset £18000 - £20000 per annum, London
- Strategic Alliances Manger, major RTB platform Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum + +comm, London
- Senior Planner - Stunning Agency - Central London - to £65k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £65k, Central London
- Planner - Superb London Agency - to £55k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £55k + great benefits, W1
- Planner - Integrated Agency - Central London - c£50k + Fill Recruitment Ltd £50k +, Central London
- Account Manager - Dynamic London Agency - c£30k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£30k, Central London