Esomar to investigate economic challenges at 62nd congress
AMSTERDAM - World research organisation Esomar is to explore the challenges ahead for markets, business and society, during a time of global economic turmoil at its annual congress in Switzerland.
With the theme "Leading the Way -- Ethically, Responsibly and Creatively", this year's Esomar Congress will take place on September 15-18 in Montreux.
The conference, which attracts delegates from around the world, will include a separate stream dedicated to research direction, where the latest research 2.0 and knowledge management initiatives will be explored through client case studies and master classes.
Gunilla Broadbent, Esomar president, said: "This has been a year of remarkable change including the recognition of a radically new economic reality, a new impetus for ethical and transparent business practices, and continuing technological evolution.
"Rapid shifts in consumer behaviour and changing commercial imperatives have required an equally rapid and creative response from research leaders.
"Add to this the advancing frontiers of research 2.0, and we look forward to a 2009 congress that will provide an exhilarating mix of groundbreaking research and challenging debate on an international stage."
The conference will also introduce the winners of the international young researcher award, launched as part of Esomar's commitment to inspiring young professionals in the field of research.
The new award is designed to honour outstanding, original and creative research from professionals under the age of 30. Winners will be presented at the congress and their papers published on the Esomar website.
The three confirmed keynote speakers will be:
- Norbert Walter, chief economist at Deutsche Bank Group.
- Paco Underhill, founder and CEO of Envirosell, a pioneer of research into shopping behaviour.
- Fiona Czerniaswska, founder and managing director of Arkimeda.
Omar Mahmoud, programme committee chair and chief of market knowledge at Unicef, said: "This year's programme challenges the research community to develop and apply research in an ethical, responsible and creative way.
"We have selected a broad range of international contributors who show leadership, and unique or pioneering approaches for navigating this new research environment."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Online Editorial Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum + benefits, London
- Client Services Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London