Obama agency creates launch campaign for US World Cup bid
NEW YORK - Blue State Digital, the digital agency behind Barack Obama's election campaign, has launched the USA Bid Committee's digital campaign to host the Fifa World Cup in 2018 or 2022.
GoUSAbid.com went live yesterday to coincide with the unveiling of the bid logo and theme: 'The Game is in US'.
The digital campaign is currently focusing on an online petition that encourages people to show their support for the bid, with the first 25,000 people to sign up, set to receive bumper stickers featuring the bid logo and slogan.
The site will also encourage user interaction, including resources for fans to organise local events with other supporters in their area.
Matt Ipcar, Blue State Digital's design director, said: "Unlike some of our previous campaign projects, the energy and raw excitement surrounding the USA World Cup Bid is politically colour blind and covers the entire American spectrum.
"I'm thrilled to have a hand in activating thousands -- hopefully millions -- of American soccer fans."
England, Australia, Indonesia, Japan, Mexico and Russia have also launched bids to host the 2018 or 2022 World Cup, while Netherlands-Belgium and Portugal-Spain have each submitted joint bids for the tournaments. Qatar and South Korea have applied as candidates to play host only to the tournament in 2022.
During last year's presidential campaign BSD used mybarackobama.com to mobilize over 3m Obama supporters to contribute over $500m online.
The online strategy company's other clients include Senator Ted Kennedy, American Red Cross, Save Darfur Coalition, and Hope Not Hate, a British anti-fascism group. They are based in Washington D.C. and have offices in Boston, New York, San Francisco and London.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- SENIOR MARKETING MANAGER- Fashion retailer Success Digital £65000 per annum, London
- Client Director - Digital Agency - London £50-65k Adam Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Camden, London (Greater)
- Neolane Campaign Manager PFJ £300 - £400 per day, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital Marketing Operations Jarlett de Grouchy £45000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager - consumer products ADLIB £38000 - £43000 per annum, Cornwall