Word-of-mouth trade body appoints Molly Flatt as first president
LONDON - Molly Flatt, a word-of-mouth "evangelist" at marketing agency 1000heads, has been appointed president of Wom UK, an organisation set up to represent the word-of-mouth marketing industry.
Wom UK, which counts brands, creative agencies, research firms and data specialists among its members, was set up with the aim of replicating the success of the USA's Womma organisation, with which it will collaborate.
Members include Nielsen, Edelman, the IPA, Unilever, Royal Mail and The Guardian.
Flatt becomes Wom's first president and will be responsible for promoting word-of-mouth best practice, ethical guidelines, developments and methodologies to agencies and clients.
She will front Wom-hosted events and represent the industry at marketing events.
Flatt said: "On a personal level, I'm massively excited about helping make Wom UK an inspiring and active place for Wom practitioners and clients to share, educate and engage their knowledge, developments and case studies to ensure the Wom industry is visible, valued and continually innovating."
The first meeting of the new Wom council will take place today (August 18).
1000heads recently won a brief from Cancer Research UK to boost levels of advocacy.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, London