Bookies tip Coleen Nolan as favourite for Katona's Iceland role
LONDON - 'Loose Women' star Coleen Nolan is the favourite to replace Kerry Katona as the new celebrity face of supermarket chain Iceland, with Charlotte Church and Kym Marsh also tipped.
Nolan, who has featured in Iceland's campaigns since 2007, has been made the 6/4 favourite by William Hill and Paddy Power. She was the youngest member of the 70s band The Nolan Sisters.
Darren Haines, spokesman for Paddy Power, said Nolan was the clear favourite because of her image as a mum, exposure on ITV1 show 'Loose Women' and because Iceland probably brought her in as an eventual successor to Katona.
"It's not like Iceland wouldn't have seen this coming," he said in reference to Katona's exposure by the News of the World with secret camera footage showing her snorting white powder.
Police turned up at the disgraced star's house yesterday to quiz her, but found that she had already flown off to Tenerife on holiday.
While Iceland may content itself with giving Nolan the lead role in its ads, there are plenty of younger faces in the running who could fill Katona's role of the young mother.
Kym Marsh, who rose to fame as a member of HearSay on ITV1's 'Popstars' and now has a role in 'Coronation Street', is at 5/2 with Paddy Power, but 8/1 with William Hill. Her former bandmate Suzanne Shaw is also near the top of the list.
However, Charlotte Church, another a celebrity mum, is strongly tipped by bookies and is on at 3/1 with Paddy Power and 5/1 with William Hill.
Haines said: "She's like a clean cut version of Kerry Katona, and recently did the Walkers ads. She has a personality without going to the extremes of Kerry Katona."
There are plenty of outsiders such as Jordan (25/1 with Paddy Power) and former EastEnders actress Patsy Palmer (33/1 with William Hill).
In the 'joke odds' category is Victoria Beckham at 500/1 with Paddy Power.
Read more on Brand Republic
Celebrity Sell Out - From Katona to Charlotte Church for Iceland?
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Partnerships Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, London
- Head of Marketing - Luxury Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + benefits, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 per annum, South East
- Brand Communications Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + benefits, South East