The Simpsons turn black for Angolan television debut
LONDON - An Angolan ad agency has turned The Simpsons from yellow to brown in a television campaign promoting the long-running comedy's debut on an African satellite channel.
The ad was created by Executive Centre, which is based in Luanda, Angola. It shows the family with dark skin. Marg's blue bouffant is now a black afro and Lisa has braided hair.
The ad promotes 'The Simpsons'' first screening in Angola by the satellite television channel Dstv.
'The Simpsons' marks its 20th birthday this year and is lining up the usual array of celebrities to appear in the forthcoming series.
Coldplay are set to feature, along with the late Eartha Kitt, comedienne Sarah Silverman and filmstar Anne Hathaway.
'The Simpsons' is the longest-running American sitcom, having broadcast over 400 episodes.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London
- Account Director B2B Network Career Consultants £52000 - £60000 per annum, London