The Simpsons turn black for Angolan television debut
LONDON - An Angolan ad agency has turned The Simpsons from yellow to brown in a television campaign promoting the long-running comedy's debut on an African satellite channel.
The ad was created by Executive Centre, which is based in Luanda, Angola. It shows the family with dark skin. Marg's blue bouffant is now a black afro and Lisa has braided hair.
The ad promotes 'The Simpsons'' first screening in Angola by the satellite television channel Dstv.
'The Simpsons' marks its 20th birthday this year and is lining up the usual array of celebrities to appear in the forthcoming series.
Coldplay are set to feature, along with the late Eartha Kitt, comedienne Sarah Silverman and filmstar Anne Hathaway.
'The Simpsons' is the longest-running American sitcom, having broadcast over 400 episodes.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director PFJ £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Comms Account Manager: £35k Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Client Service Manager - Media Planning and Sponsorship PFJ £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Graphic Designer:(Fashion,Retail,Conceptual,Print, Digital) Creative Recruitment £20000 - £23000 per annum, London
- Search Account Manager - The Leading Media Agency - PPC Ultimate Asset £30000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Head of Digital Marketing Salt £60000 - £86000 per annum + £5K C/A, Manchester