The Simpsons turn black for Angolan television debut
LONDON - An Angolan ad agency has turned The Simpsons from yellow to brown in a television campaign promoting the long-running comedy's debut on an African satellite channel.
The ad was created by Executive Centre, which is based in Luanda, Angola. It shows the family with dark skin. Marg's blue bouffant is now a black afro and Lisa has braided hair.
The ad promotes 'The Simpsons'' first screening in Angola by the satellite television channel Dstv.
'The Simpsons' marks its 20th birthday this year and is lining up the usual array of celebrities to appear in the forthcoming series.
Coldplay are set to feature, along with the late Eartha Kitt, comedienne Sarah Silverman and filmstar Anne Hathaway.
'The Simpsons' is the longest-running American sitcom, having broadcast over 400 episodes.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Account Manager - branding and integrated agency Gabriele Skelton £30000 per annum, London
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £60,000 - £65,000, Central London
- FMCG Brand Manager JV Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent Benefits + Bonus, North West