Microsoft caught in race row after editing out black man from photo
LONDON - Microsoft has apologised after a black man's head was swapped with a white man's in a marketing photograph on its Polish website.
The software giant found itself embroiled in a race row after the doctored photo was found on its Polish website.
The doctored image, showing three workers sitting around a conference table, featured a white man's head with the black hands of the man that he replaced.
It appeared in its original form on Microsoft's US website.
Microsoft has apologised for the incident and taken the offending image down.
A spokesman said: "The image has been removed. Diversity and inclusion are core values and business imperatives of Microsoft and we apologise for any offence that might have been taken."
Microsoft said it would be investigating who made the changes.
The images have been circulating online, making the rounds on Twitter and various blogging websites.
A writer from the Photoshop Disasters blog said: "I think the intention was to make this ad even more PC, since you now have an Asian guy, a woman and a black guy's body with a white guy's head. When you can't add more people, fuse them together!"
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London
- PPC Senior Executive - Big Brand - PPC Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Graphic Designer:(Fashion,Retail,Conceptual,Print, Digital) Creative Recruitment £23000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Paid Media Account Manager - Paid Search PPC - Agency Leader Ultimate Asset £28000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- PR Senior Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £26000 - £33000 per annum, Manchester
- Biddable Paid Social Manager - Paid Media - FMCG Client Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London