Google holds share as search queries leap 41%
LONDON - Google's stranglehold on the global search market share remains firm at 67%, despite search engine use being at an all time high as recent research revealed that 113bn searches were conducted in July, a 41% jump from last year.
ComScore's global search market study found Google sites attracted significantly more searches than any of its competitors, with more than 76bn searches being conducted through Google in July, more than two-thirds of all queries.
Yahoo! remains a distant second, with 8.9bn searches (7.8%), followed by Chinese search engine Baidu with 8bn searches and a 7% share.
Most of the top search properties worldwide experienced significant growth in search query volume versus last year, with Russian search engine Yandex growing at the fastest rate (94%) among the top ten.
Microsoft's search, which incorporates its new engine Bing, also increased by 41%.
Significantly, Facebook was also able to crack the top ten, registering nearly 900m searches of its own, at a growth rate of 18% on the year.
Europe accounted for the highest share of searches at 32%, followed by Asia Pacific (31%) and North America (22%).
Latin America exhibited the heaviest search behaviour per person with an average of 13 search usage days in July and 130 searches per web user.
Europe had the second highest overall search volume per person (117 searches per searcher) while North America exhibited the second heaviest frequency (12.5 search usage days per searcher).
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £32,000 +, London (Central), London (Greater)
- planning director > ATL > LONDON's BEST collectivo Up to £100,000 per annum + benefits, London