Skype and CNN strike global ad deal
LONDON - Skype has struck a deal with CNN International to sponsor its 'Connect the World' segment as part of the telephony company's global advertising campaign.
The multimedia marketing push sees Skype as an exclusive sponsor for CNN International's 'Connector of the Day' segment, with advertising presence on the programme's web and mobile pages.
Viewers of 'Connect the World' will be encouraged to log-on to Skype Chat on CNN.com to discuss the programme after the show.
The sponsorship will be supported by a TV campaign, which will promote Skype business features, such as video calling and cheap international rates.
Ads will appear across Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific and Latin America.
Max Raven, senior vice president of ad sales at CNN International, said: "This is an ambitious strategic solution that establishes a meaningful brand association for Skype around a core part of CNN's new prime time evening line-up.
"Skype's brand attributes are a great match for our own. We look forward to seeing this commercial partnership executed across CNN's multiplatform distribution internationally, in front of an increasingly engaged audience".
Last week the telephone company's parent eBay announced it was selling a 65 per cent stake in Skype to a group of investors in a £1.7bn deal.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £250 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, Central London
- Freelance Account Manager? We need you now! Exciting accounts and excellent rates up to £170 a day. Barker Graves Up to £170/day, central London