Essence creates Cancer Research UK running website
LONDON - Digital agency Essence has redesigned and rebuilt a running website for Cancer Research UK, allowing the charity to improve the way it supports people who take part in sporting events across Britain.
CancerResearchUK.org/running allows users to find information on events, sign up to races, and begin fundraising.
It also provides tips on training and features a community section where users can share their stories and photos. The new site replaces a legacy website which was built several years ago.
Speaking to Brand Republic, Adam Forster, senior project manager, internet and new media team, said Cancer Research UK was striving to compete with other charities in what is a very competitive sector of fundraising.
Forster said: "We first launched the site five years ago and at the time it was cutting edge. But in tandem with Essence we've drastically brought the running site up to speed.
"We wanted to engage with the emotional side of why people choose to take part in events but also keep it simple to use."
Essence developed the site using its own content management system Fig.
Richard Mooney, head of design and build at Essence, said the team had looked to provide a number of different messages with the rebuild to engage users who may be running for different reasons.
The news comes after Essence hosted its second annual autumn event yesterday at The Soho Hotel in London.
The event gathered together speakers including Jon Mitchell, sales director UK, Spotify, Tim Boddy, executive director, European telecoms investment research Goldman Sachs, Dan Cobley, senior director of marketing, north and central Europe for Google, and Sean Cornwell, vice president international for eHarmony.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Senior Account Manager Twist Recruitment £32000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, City of London