YouGov and Sky team up for daily polls over conference season
LONDON - YouGov is to provide a new spin on political conference season with a daily polling service of people's voting intentions, which it is running in conjunction with Sky News.
The poll findings will be reported at 5.05pm on each day of the Labour and Tory party conferences on the YouGov site as well as on 'Sky Live at 5', except on the days the leaders speak, when it will be brought forward to 12 noon.
These party conferences will be the last before a general election next year. Prime minister Gordon Brown needs to prove to the public and his party that he is the man to lead them to a fourth victory, while David Cameron needs to consolidate the gains in popularity that the Conservatives have made since Tony Blair stepped down.
Stephan Shakespeare, co-founder and chief innovation officer at YouGov, said: "Traditionally polls have provided occasional snapshots to measure this process, rather than the continuous stream it demands. Our daily polling is reflecting the nature of public debate, and measuring it as it happens."
YouGov uses online panels to provide quantitative and qualitative research on a range of topics from politics to technology.
Read more on Brand Republic:
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Partnerships Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, London
- Head of Marketing - Luxury Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + benefits, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 per annum, South East
- Brand Communications Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + benefits, South East