Gap shifts US ad account to Crispin Porter & Bogusky
NEW YORK - Gap is shifting its entire US ad account into Crispin Porter & Bogusky after the agency was picked to handle a successful holiday campaign for the fashion retailer in the summer.
The move is a blow to incumbent Laird & Partners, the independent New York ad agency which had handled the account since 2002.
Over the summer, Gap picked Crispin Porter to handle its flagship summer activity, marking the first time that the brand moved beyond agency of record Laird & Partners for a major campaign in seven years.
A report in the US quoted a Gap spokesperson: "After a comprehensive review, we've decided to take our advertising in a different direction.
"We have hired Crispin Porter & Bogusky to partner with us for holiday and beyond. They are well-known for delivering breakthrough campaigns that are both innovative and creative."
Laird & Partners had been Gap's creative agency of record since 2002, when it was selected to handle print and TV advertising
Gap has recently turned its attention to social media, and launched a cinema, print and outdoor push in August designed to drive consumers to a dedicated Facebook group amid a sales decline.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Client Development Manager Stopgap £40000 - £45000 per annum + bonus, London
- Client Development Director - Loyalty - London Stopgap £55000 per annum + bonus, London
- Head of Campaign Management Stopgap £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Senior Data Analyst Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London
- Lead Data Planning Consultant Direct Recruitment £85,000 - £100,000, London
- Senior Data Planner Direct Recruitment £55,000, East London