Trading Places (9 Oct): This week's people moves in advertising, marketing and media
LONDON - WCRS, eBay, News International and Sky make the headlines as Brand Republic rounds up the week's major industry moves across the advertising, marketing, digital and media markets.
Will Orr, the chief executive of WCRS, is to leave the agency in the next few weeks and is in talks with potential employers. WCRS will not immediately replace him. Debbie Klein, the joint chief executive of parent company Engine, and WCRS managing director Penny Herriman, will run the agency. (Campaign)
MG Motor has appointed former Kia marketer Guy Jones to the role of sales and marketing director. Jones will take responsibility for UK sales, marketing, PR and aftersales, as well as the development of the MG brand. (Marketing)
Burton's Foods has confirmed that it has appointed Ben Clarke as chief executive. The news follows Marketing's report (September 9) that Clarke, the former vice-president and area director for Kraft Foods, was poised to join Burton's Foods in a senior management role. (Marketing)
Nicole Refson, former marketing director at the defunct thelondonpaper, has been appointed to a senior marketing role within News International. She has taken on the position of senior brand activation manager at The Times and The Sunday Times, and will report to Alex Lewis, marketing director for the two brands. (Media Week)
Mark Charkin, the former global sales chief at Bebo, is leading the launch of a new video network in the UK, BrightRoll, that will go up against the likes of Tremor Media, VideoEgg and Fox's Utarget. (Media Week)
UTV, owner of the Northern Ireland ITV franchise and TalkSport, has appointed Julian Carter, former sales director of GMG Radio, to the new role of commercial director for UTV's local radio stations and regional sales. (Media Week)
Out-of-home communications agency Kinetic has appointed Dennis Kuperus as chief executive of Kinetic Netherlands and digital director, EMEA. Kuperus will be responsible for developing Kinetic's market position in The Netherlands.
He will also promote Kinetic digital strategy across EMEA. (Media Week)
Pact, the trade body for TV production companies, the BBC and Channel 4, has appointed Angela Chan as diversity adviser. The appointment is part of the strategy by Pact, Channel 4 and the BBC to boost diversity in the production sector. (Media Week)
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Director of Strategy Factory Design Labs Depending on Qualifications, Valais