CWU announces national postal strike dates
LONDON - The Communication Workers Union has announced postal workers will begin nationwide strikes on the 22nd and 23rd of October.
The announcement was followed by the leaking of an alleged Royal Mail presentation on the strike, which describes the dispute as an "enabler" of its aim to modernise the service.
It also states the dispute could result in it reducing the role of the CWU.
Royal Mail issued a denial of the document, which was leaked to the BBC's Newsnight programme, disowning the strategies discussed in the presentation and ruling out the possibility that it originated at the company.
The CWU announcement comes as consultancies advise brands to switch to alternative mail suppliers such as TNT Post, UK Mail, Citipost, DHL and UPS.
More on Brand Republic
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire