CWU announces national postal strike dates
LONDON - The Communication Workers Union has announced postal workers will begin nationwide strikes on the 22nd and 23rd of October.
The announcement was followed by the leaking of an alleged Royal Mail presentation on the strike, which describes the dispute as an "enabler" of its aim to modernise the service.
It also states the dispute could result in it reducing the role of the CWU.
Royal Mail issued a denial of the document, which was leaked to the BBC's Newsnight programme, disowning the strategies discussed in the presentation and ruling out the possibility that it originated at the company.
The CWU announcement comes as consultancies advise brands to switch to alternative mail suppliers such as TNT Post, UK Mail, Citipost, DHL and UPS.
More on Brand Republic
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Development Communications Officer Imperial College London £33,590 - £41,540 p.a., South Kensington, London
- Group Account Director Twist Recruitment £65000.00 - £75000.00 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager Role, FMCG brand, ATL, Integrated & Digital - award winning agency MODA consult £35k - £37k plus excellent benefits, Central London
- PR Account Executive, B2B Tech, London, £22k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £22000 per annum, London