CWU announces national postal strike dates
LONDON - The Communication Workers Union has announced postal workers will begin nationwide strikes on the 22nd and 23rd of October.
The announcement was followed by the leaking of an alleged Royal Mail presentation on the strike, which describes the dispute as an "enabler" of its aim to modernise the service.
It also states the dispute could result in it reducing the role of the CWU.
Royal Mail issued a denial of the document, which was leaked to the BBC's Newsnight programme, disowning the strategies discussed in the presentation and ruling out the possibility that it originated at the company.
The CWU announcement comes as consultancies advise brands to switch to alternative mail suppliers such as TNT Post, UK Mail, Citipost, DHL and UPS.
More on Brand Republic
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £30000 - £37000 per annum + competitive compensation & benefits packge, London