CWU announces national postal strike dates
LONDON - The Communication Workers Union has announced postal workers will begin nationwide strikes on the 22nd and 23rd of October.
The announcement was followed by the leaking of an alleged Royal Mail presentation on the strike, which describes the dispute as an "enabler" of its aim to modernise the service.
It also states the dispute could result in it reducing the role of the CWU.
Royal Mail issued a denial of the document, which was leaked to the BBC's Newsnight programme, disowning the strategies discussed in the presentation and ruling out the possibility that it originated at the company.
The CWU announcement comes as consultancies advise brands to switch to alternative mail suppliers such as TNT Post, UK Mail, Citipost, DHL and UPS.
More on Brand Republic
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham