CWU announces national postal strike dates
LONDON - The Communication Workers Union has announced postal workers will begin nationwide strikes on the 22nd and 23rd of October.
The announcement was followed by the leaking of an alleged Royal Mail presentation on the strike, which describes the dispute as an "enabler" of its aim to modernise the service.
It also states the dispute could result in it reducing the role of the CWU.
Royal Mail issued a denial of the document, which was leaked to the BBC's Newsnight programme, disowning the strategies discussed in the presentation and ruling out the possibility that it originated at the company.
The CWU announcement comes as consultancies advise brands to switch to alternative mail suppliers such as TNT Post, UK Mail, Citipost, DHL and UPS.
More on Brand Republic
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Paid Social Manager Lipton Fleming £32000 - £42000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Events Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Agency Account Manager/Director (Outdoor) Lipton Fleming £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + 25% bonus, London
- Head of Brand Marketing Stopgap £60000 - £70000 per annum + benefits, Surrey
- Senior Mobile Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £47500 - £50000 per annum + +£30k OTE, London