Birmingham Airport hires 3Sixty for website revamp
LONDON - Birmingham Airport has hired digital marketing agency 3Sixty to update its website, improving its commercialisation and the customer experience.
Work will commence with immediate effect, with the launch of a new site proposed for spring 2010.
3Sixty will address the most immediate issues — making improvements to the online booking systems, as well as launching welcome home and pre-arrival emails.
Following a usability study and ongoing market research, the main bulk of the work will see a redevelopment of the BHX website to help improve customer experience and commercialisation.
Through its work, 3Sixty aims to encourage new airlines and tour operators to establish routes from Birmingham Airport.
From a consumer perspective, the agency will look to increase the proportion of travellers living within a one-hour catchment area who fly from Birmingham Airport. The current proportion is 40%, the remainder leave the region for airports in London or Manchester.
Chris Thurling, managing director of 3Sixty, said: "Many regional airports around the UK are looking to enhance their offerings as viable alternatives to London.
"Enhancing the digital commercial opportunities for airports is an area that we know well and I have no doubt that our work will provide Birmingham Airport with an increase in both direct and indirect revenues."
3Sixty will also aim to grow the current BHX database, building on the current CRM programme, to allow the airport more opportunity for ongoing consumer dialogue.
Paul Kehoe, CEO of Birmingham Airport, said: "Our objectives were very clear in this commercial brief but what wasn't clear was how we were going to achieve them in as short a time as possible.
"3Sixty's experience in our sector as well as its response to the brief will help to develop the BHX offering and solidify its status as a modern airport of choice for consumers and businesses alike."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Manager - Ardington Ltd Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary Package, South East
- Brand Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London