Arsenal FC launches paid-for iPhone app
LONDON - Arsenal Football Club has launched an iPhone app giving fans access to photo galleries, match highlights and team news.
The £2.99 app has been developed by mobile specialist 2ergo and co-funded by Arsenal sponsors O2.
Other features include player profiles, statistics, links into Arsenal.com, ticket purchasing information and hospitality offers. The app was designed to use Apple's OS3.0 iPhone software.
Speaking about the app, Michael Leavey, general manager of Arsenal Broadband, said: "We wanted to create a quality fan experience that extended beyond the stands at the Emirates Stadium and reaches across the world.
"With more than 50 million supporters worldwide developing an app was the next logical step in providing them with the best possible experience so they can stay at the heart of what's happening and live the club's highs and lows with their team."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- PERFORMANCE PLANNING DIRECTOR - MOBILE BRAND! Ultimate Asset £45000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London