Affiliate website rides Cheryl Cole obsession
LONDON - Three digital agency executives have launched a site called CherylColeStyle.com that feeds the nation's obsession with the 'X Factor' judge by providing expert advice on how to dress and look like her.
CherylColeStyle.com, which carries disclaimers throughout the site indicating that it is not connected to or affiliated with Cheryl Cole, will feature an ongoing blog commentary provided by a team of 'style experts' for the duration of the 'X Factor' live shows this year.
The site was created by Lucie Follett, founder of SEO agency Maven Metrics, and Jacqueline MacDougall and Christele Ance, founders of web design agency Creacom Design.
The two agencies will make affiliate commission through a 'Buy the Look' section of the site which carries links through to items on online stores such as Very and Net a Porter. In addition, dental brand Pearl Drops is sponsoring a competition.
Follett said: "The aim of the site is not so much about making money, rather as a timely experiment to see how fashion, celebrity and pop-culture combine to create really search-engine friendly content."
The team of "experts" includes fashion and celebrity stylist Desiree Lederer, makeup artist Louise Constad, nail professional Liza Smith, eyebrow guru Shavata, celebrity hair stylist Melissa Brown, beauty journalist Kate Shapland, nutritionist Kate Cook and posture expert Sonia Palecek.
They will tell internet users where to locate the high-end designer original or high-street "lookalikes" of the 'X Factor' outfits worn by Cole and will also offer constructive tips relating to other style aspects, such as advice on how to maintain perfect eyebrows, achieve stunning nails and get fabulous legs like Cole.
In addition to the blog commentary, there is a series of lookbooks with "skinted" and "minted" versions of how to get the "Cheryl look". These are based upon Cole's different outfits each week during the 'X Factor' 2009 series and also on the video for her first solo single 'Fight For This Love'.
Cole's agent has been informed about the creation of CherylColeStyle.com, according to Follett. The site is intended to cover the duration of the current 2009 'X Factor' series.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Planner - Internal Marketing Agency National Trust £36,000 - £44,000* per annum, Swindon, Wiltshire
- Campaign Planner - Internal Marketing Agency National Trust £27,916 - £32,500* per annum, Swindon, Wiltshire
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England