Reebok iPhone game lets friends compete
LONDON - Reebok has released an iPhone game that offers multi-user competitive play and rewards for high scorers with promotional discount codes.
The game is called iSprint and was created by digital design studio ustwo with mobile marketing agency Inside Mobile.
Users find their iPhone screen transformed in to a 100-metre racetrack on which they must 'run' using their fingers as feet. Players have a choice of four surfaces to run on and the game claims to be so addictive that it comes with an in-built disclaimer encouraging users to take regular breaks from playing.
It is one of the first apps to allow for direct competitive gameplay, with two players able to compete in real time on separate iPhones, by connecting via Bluetooth. It also allows users to record their best times and compare them on a global scoreboard.
As users improve their running speed and achieve target times, they can gain access to discount voucher codes that can be redeemed on the reebok.com website.
James Hilton, joint managing director of Inside Mobile, said: "Reebok has been able to fuse brand engagement and direct response goals within this highly addictive mobile app. It is another great example of Reebok's leadership within the mobile channel."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - Events & Experiential Live Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits, West Midlands