Friends Reunited invests in television campaign
LONDON - Friends Reunited may have been written off by most but it is investing in a national television ad campaign promoting its three services: Friends Reunited, Friends Reunited Dating and Genes Reunited.
The campaign starts at the beginning of November and runs for two weeks. Created by Addiction London, the ads use the message 'get in touch' and show users journeying between the sites.
The aim is to get Friends Reunited users to spend more time on the site and visit more regularly. It has just under four million visitors a month.
Friends Reunited has largely been written off as it struggles to compete against social media giants such as Facebook. ITV sold the site for £25 million in August to Brightsolid, a subsidiary of Beano publisher DC Thomson. It had acquired Friends Reunited in 2005 in a cash and performance-based deal worth up to £175 million.
Jonathan Clark, head of Friends Reunited, said: "Members' natural movement between our three services has always been a crucial driver to the business. Presenting the brands closely together in this way helps us get the most out of each 30-second spot, while at the same time being true to the onsite experience and containing a strong call to action."
Media planning is by Manning Gottlieb OMD. The TV campaign is supported by integrated online activity and email marketing.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Innovation Strategist Rare Selection Up to £50K + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Consultant Rare Selection £60 - £80K + 30% bonus, 8% pension, and excellent benefits, London